We are looking for a talented and driven ESG Manager to join our team. In this newly created role, you will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing an Environmental, Social, and Governance policy program. You will play a critical role in promoting sustainability, social responsibility, and good governance within our organization.
As an ESG Manager, you will have the opportunity to help us shape and strengthen the core values of the company Europe wide.
At Chint Solar you will work at the heart of the energy transition and be part of a company that is a leading player in renewable energy projects’ development, financing, realization and operation. We are fully committed to achieving carbon neutrality in Europe with 100% green energy, away from fossil fuels and into a sustainable and clean future.
Our dedicated and experienced European team started in 2016 and is developing PV, Wind, Battery Storage and Green Hydrogen projects in Germany, The Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Portugal, France, the United Kingdom and Hungary with headquarter based in Hamburg (Germany). Since the start we have developed over 20 projects which are now in operation.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an ESG strategy that aligns with our business objectives and stakeholder expectations.
- Analyze and assess the environmental, social and governance risks and opportunities facing our business and our organization in particular.
- Identify and study relevant ESG trends, regulations and best practices and translate them into concrete action plans.
- Manage reporting processes and ensure accurate and timely ESG reporting to internal and external stakeholders, as well as to the general public.
- Coordinate and collaborate with various departments, including finance, HR, legal and marketing/communications, to integrate ESG initiatives into business processes and practices.
- Liaise with external stakeholders, including investors, regulators and civil society organizations, to understand their ESG requirements in their cooperation with Chint Solar.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant field, such as sustainability, environmental science, business administration or similar.
- Ideally a minimum 3 years of experience in ESG management, sustainability strategy or related functions.
- Thorough knowledge of ESG-related issues, trends, regulations and best practices.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate complex information into strategic plans and actions.
- Excellent communication skills in English (German is a plus), both spoken and written, to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with ESG reporting standards such as GRI, SASB or other relevant standards is a plus.
- A proactive and results-oriented mindset, with the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Passion for sustainability, corporate social responsibility and creating positive impact.
What we have to offer:
Chint Solar offers you an interesting and challenging working environment in an international, motivated and dynamic team. We are offering you:
- Permanent contract conditions
- Possibility of being home based (with preference for in-office locations in Amsterdam (the Netherlands), Hamburg (Germany) or Porto (Portugal)
- Competitive remuneration and conditions
Want to help Chint Solar make an impact in the world? Apply now!
Interested? Apply now!
If you want to apply for this job, please send your application letter and ancillary documents to Claudia Richter, HR Manager Europe.