We are looking for a talented and driven Finance Manager to join our team. In this newly created role, specifically for our business in Portugal, we are offering a position with strong interaction to our Portuguese development team and the European finance organization. You will play an important role by managing the rapid growth of our Portuguese business by maintaining and improving accounting and controlling tools as well as supporting our European finance team.
At Chint Solar you will work at the heart of the energy transition and be part of a company that is a leading player in renewable energy projects’ development, financing, realization and operation. We are fully committed to achieving carbon neutrality in Europe with 100% green energy, away from fossil fuels and into a sustainable and clean future.
Our dedicated and experienced European team started in 2016 and gained a strong track record by developing and constructing PV projects across Europe. Chint Solar Europe is active in Germany, The Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Portugal, France, the United Kingdom and Hungary with headquarter based in Hamburg, Germany. Since the start we have developed more than 20 projects which are now in operation.
Duties and responsibilities:
- You coordinate and ensure the financial reporting for the Portuguese entities with external service companies and take care of the reconciliation of intercompany transactions
- You will independently supervise and control accounts receivable and accounts payable as well as the payment process
- You control and support the bookkeeping and VAT returns of the Portuguese entities
- You are responsible for liquidity management within Portuguese entities
- You are involved in the annual financial statements and confidently manage the cooperation with auditors, tax consultants and other service providers
- You are an Excel professional and create reports, ad-hoc evaluations and analyses of business performance
- You support the Business Development Team in project acquisitions and controlling and management of cooperation agreements, interfacing with the internal investment team, accessing the financials and economics of the projects and keep track of project evaluations
- You create business forecast, control budgets and cash flow planning
- You like to implement processes, structures and digitalization as quality standards in the local organization.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in business administration with a focus on finance or associated experience.
- Ideally a minimum 3 years of experience as Finance Manager in a similar role.
- You consider yourself as a finance generalist with decent knowledge in bookkeeping, accounting and controlling
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpretate complex information for finance purposes.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Portuguese both spoken and written, to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- A proactive and results-oriented mindset, with the ability to work independently, take responsibility and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Process oriented with the aim for constant improvement
What we have to offer:
Chint Solar offers you an interesting and challenging working environment in an international, motivated and dynamic team. We are offering you:
- permanent contract conditions
- working location in Porto, Portugal and/or Hamburg, Germany
Interested? Apply now!
If you want to apply for this job, please send your application letter and ancillary documents to Claudia Richter, HR Manager Europe.